Online Workshop: Communications & Nonprofit Fundraising in a Digital Age
Attract Online Donations with your Website & Newsletters
A 6-Month Mentored, Nonprofit Communications & Online Fundraising Certificate Program
January 7 – June 30, 2020.
How to Raise More Money and Do More Good. Participate in this Private Nonprofit Communications and Fundraising Program with Tim Magee
One-On-One Online Workshop: During this tailored training program beginning and experienced participants will learn how to optimize websites and improve donor communications to find donors, attract them to their websites and begin receiving online donations. See the full syllabus.
|Nonprofit Fundraising Certificate. Learn more about program fees and the simple enrollment process.|
Great Communication = Increased Donations & Impact
Are you interested in saving time, raising funds and hoping to find donors?
Who Should Join?
Advance your Career, Raise Funds, Do More Good
The program is for nonprofit staff wanting to increase online fundraising & community impact. Participants have worked on programs as diverse as social services, community development, education and the environment—and decided to enroll in the program because they are:
What you will do:
Tune Up Your Newsletters & Websites to Motivate Donors
Train & consult with a private mentor. The mentored online fundraising program provides cutting-edge information, time-saving templates, training and expert consultancy—and leads you in developing a donor-focused newsletter & website for your organization. You will:
|Fundraising Ideas: People from 211 countries and territories subscribe to our newsletter. Advance your career, find donors, raise funds & solve nonprofit challenges with our cutting-edge articles.|
Nonprofit Fundraising: Optimize your website, boost donor communications, generate online donations & increase impact
- Organize your nonprofit fundraising goals.
- Clearly identify who your target audience is.
- Communicate that you do what they’re looking for.
- Write an achievable communications calendar.
- Launch an effective campaign with your new communications skills.
- Boost donor engagement for retaining donors.
- Increase online donations and program participation.
Become the Expert | Raise More Money | Do More Good
Fundraising Ideas: Work one-on-one with us in this online fundraising program and participate in an in-depth process to develop:
Fundraising Ideas: Use your achievements to showcase your nonprofit.
Your nonprofit probably has a whole untapped list of compelling human interest stories, urgent, call-to-action donor and volunteer opportunities—and tremendous successes to brag about.
Syllabus: The step by step process. This mentored nonprofit fundraising program for nonprofits is designed in a progression where each weekly module represents one sequential step for you to take in the process of campaign design and development. The assignments have real tools for you to download, print out, edit, and use as templates over and over again in launching new initiatives. We will take approximately one month for each one of the following core steps:
- Introductory Week. In the first week we will have a chance to meet each other by telephone so we can learn more about your organization and potential online fundraising campaign ideas. Next step:
- Assignment 1. 1) Define your goals for nonprofit support and 2) the type of new individual supporters you are looking for. Do you want supporters that give a donation, volunteer, subscribe? How many do you need to meet your goal?
- Assignment 2. Get specific: Who exactly are these new nonprofit supporters you are hoping to reach? What causes do they want to support? Where do they look for causes to support? What information do you already have current, similar supporters? Compile this information and place it beneath Assignment One’s goal list.
- Assignment 3. What does your nonprofit do? Specifically, in a sound bite, let’s make this sound attractive to your new supporters
- Assignment 4. Let’s do a quick website review: Does it have quick and easy navigation? Is it mobile friendly and well organized for future growth?
- Assignment 5. Collecting subscribers. What information should you ask of a new subscriber on your signup form?
- Assignment 6. Installing sign-up forms and popups on your website. Which type? Where should they pop up? What should they say?.
- Assignment 7. Incentives: Do you have a free offer? Compiling an e-book or membership program to entice new subscribers.
- Assignment 8. Channels: Your communication connection: where will you launch your first campaign? Clearly define the channels that connect you to your target supporters: newsletter, blog or social media?
- Assignment 9. Calendar: Develop an achievable communications calendar.
- Assignment 10. Write faster: Writing techniques for getting the job done. Get triple duty out of a blog post/landing page by using it as the basis for a newsletter, for social media, and for a free e-book too.
- Assignment 11. Compelling 2-page fact sheet: Packaging your program/project so that is compelling to donors.
- Assignment 12. Keywords and the 21st Century communication secret: [Shhh… It’s all about them! Your website visitors.]. Use the same language your visitors use.
- Assignment 13. Landing pages are your salesmen: They convert a casual visitor into a donor, volunteer or subscriber.
- Assignment 14. 12 steps to building a perfect landing page template. Plus, a bonus checklist.
- Assignment 15. Turning your MS Word landing page from assignments 13 and 14 into a real, live, webpage.
- Assignment 16. Demystifying SEO. Use keywords in your headings, page title, page description and content. Post information rich, long content.
- Assignment 17. Email subject lines. Your chance to be both creative and a Sherlock too.
- Assignment 18. Email layout: What should your email look like? How long? What will lure subscribers to click through to an actionable, online donation landing page?
- Assignment 19. Write a new, compelling newsletter as part of your first online donation campaign. Create a master newsletter template for replicable efficiency.
- Assignment 20. Final connection between your newsletter and your landing page:
- Make sure that your newsletter and your landing page templates are dovetailed together for ensuring that there is consistency between what the reader reads in your newsletter and finds on your landing page.
- Incorporate a call to action in both the newsletter and in your online donation landing page: convert visitors into donors.
- Proof read: Final check: Yoast SEO, mobile friendly format, readability (send samples to different devices), check links, and check payment systems.
- Assignment 21. Launch/Promote. Send it!
- Assignment 22. Track your performance over the first week and watch it grow.
- Assignment 23. List what you would do better next time while the experience is still fresh in your mind.
Program Fees: $1,200.00. Normally, when we work with an individual organization on a project as expansive as this—we might be looking at a hefty consulting fee. But, the Center has organized this mentored online fundraising program so that it is much more affordable: you will simply pay $1,200. This will cover the six month program, your coach and mentor, and the 20 template kits and downloadable resources. There are no other expenses.
Fundraising Ideas. Our CSDi training programs are offered in 4 venues to best suit your needs:
Executive Director, Center for Sustainable Development
A Field Guide to Community Based Adaptation, Routledge, Oxford, England.
The Beginner’s Guide to Online Donations
Four Powerful 1st Steps in Designing & Funding Projects.