Fundraising for Nonprofits: Attract Online Donations with your Website & Newsletters
A Six Month, Mentored, Nonprofit Fundraising Certificate Program
January 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019.
How to Raise More Money and Do More Good. Participate in this Private Mentored Nonprofit Fundraising Program with Tim Magee
Nonprofit Fundraising Online : During this 6-Month Program you will learn how to optimize your website and improve donor communications to both attract new donors to your website and to begin receiving online donations. See the full syllabus.
|Nonprofit Fundraising Certificate. Learn more about program fees and the simple enrollment process.|
Great Communication = Increased Donations & Impact
The training program will lead you in developing and launching a winning, targeted, nonprofit online fundraising plan to help you:
Nonprofit Fundraising Skills you will Learn
Are you interested in saving time, raising funds and retaining donors?
Who Should Join?
Advance your Career, Raise Funds, Do More Good
The program is for nonprofit staff wanting to increase fundraising & community impact. Participants have worked on programs as diverse as social services, community development, education and the environment—and decided to enroll in the program because they are:
What you will Do:
Tune Up Your Newsletters & Websites to Motivate Donors
Train & consult with a private mentor. The mentored program provides cutting-edge information, time-saving templates, training and expert consultancy—and leads you in developing a donor-focused newsletter & website for your organization. You will:
|People from 208 countries and territories subscribe to our newsletter. Advance your career, raise funds & solve nonprofit challenges with our cutting-edge articles.|
Nonprofit Fundraising: Design a Web Presence to Generate Donations & Increase Impact
Become the Expert | Raise More Money | Do More Good
Work one-on-one with us in this nonprofit training program and participate in an in-depth process to develop:
Your achievements showcase your nonprofit.
Your nonprofit probably has a whole untapped list of compelling human interest stories, urgent, call-to-action donor and volunteer opportunities—and tremendous successes to brag about.
Syllabus: The step by step process. This mentored fundraising program for nonprofits is designed in a progression where each weekly module represents one sequential step for you to take in the process of campaign design and development. The assignments have real tools for you to download, print out, edit, and use as templates over and over again in launching new initiatives. We will take approximately one month for each one of the following core steps:
- Introductory Week. In the first week we will have a chance to meet each other by telephone so we can learn more about your organization and potential campaign ideas. Next step:
- Week 1. First: Define your goals for online fundraising and new individual supporters. Do you want supporters that are donors, volunteers, subscribers? How many?
- Week 2. Get specific: Who exactly are these new nonprofit supporters you are hoping to reach? What causes do they want to support? Where do they look for causes to support?
- Week 3. What does your nonprofit do? Specifically, in a sound bite, let’s make this sound attractive to your new supporters
- Week 4. Let’s do a quick website review: Does it have quick and easy navigation? Is it mobile friendly and well organized for future growth?
- Week 5. Collecting subscribers. What information should you ask of a new subscriber on your signup form?
- Week 6. Installing popups on your website. Which type? Where should they pop up? What should they say?.
- Week 7. Incentives: Do you have a free offer? Compiling an e-book or membership program to entice new subscribers.
- Week 8. Calendar: Develop an achievable communications calendar.
- Week 9. Channels: Your communication connection: where will you launch your first campaign? Clearly define the channels that connect you to your target supporters: newsletter, blog or social media?
- Week 10. Write faster: Writing techniques for getting the job done. Get triple duty out of a blog post/landing page by using it as the basis for a newsletter, for social media, and for a free e-book too.
- Week 11. Compelling 2-page fact sheet: Packaging your program/project so that is compelling to donors.
- Week 12. Keywords and the 21st Century communication secret: [Shhh… It’s all about them!]. Use the same language your visitors use.
- Week 13. Landing pages are your salesmen: They convert a casual visitor into a donor, volunteer or subscriber.
- Week 14. 12 steps to building a perfect landing page template. Plus, a bonus checklist.
- Week 15. Demystifying SEO. Use keywords in your headings, page title, page description and content. Post information rich, long content.
- Week 16. Email subject lines. Your chance to be both creative and a Sherlock too.
- Week 17. Email layout: What should your email look like? How long? What will lure subscribers to click through to an actionable landing page?
- Week 18. Polish and perfect your landing page from Assignments 13, 14, and 15.
- Week 19. Write a new, compelling newsletter as part of your first campaign. Create a master newsletter template for replicable efficiency.
- Week 20. Connect: Make sure that your newsletter and your perfect landing page templates are dovetailed together for 1) rapid ease of copying and pasting and 2) to ensure that there is consistency between what the reader reads in your newsletter and finds on your landing page.
- Week 21. Incorporate a call to action in both the newsletter and in your landing page: convert visitors into donors.
- Week 22. Proof read: Final check: Yoast SEO, mobile friendly format, readability (send samples to different devices), check links, and check payment systems.
- Week 23. Launch/Promote. Send it! Track your performance over the first week and watch it grow. List what you would do better next time.
Program Fees: $1,200.00. Normally, when we work with an individual organization on a project as expansive as this—we might be looking at a hefty consulting fee. But, the Center has organized this mentored training program so that it is much more affordable: you will simply pay $1,200. This will cover the six month program, your coach and mentor, and the 20 template kits and downloadable resources. There are no other expenses.
Two simple steps and you’re in!
Our CSDi training programs are offered in 4 venues to best suit your needs:
Executive Director, Center for Sustainable Development
A Field Guide to Community Based Adaptation, Routledge, Oxford, England.
The Beginner’s Guide to Online Donations
Four Powerful 1st Steps in Designing & Funding Projects.