An 8 Week Online Certificate Course. Courses start the first week of each month. Learn more about program fees and how to enroll here:
These nonprofit Google grants are available both for US nonprofits and also for nonprofits from over 50 other countries too.
- What is a Google AdWords Grant? $10,000.00 per month in AdWords advertising: Free.
- Check your nonprofit’s eligibility: https://www.google.com/grants/eligibility/.
- Apply to the Google for Nonprofits Program.
- Apply to the Google AdWords Grant Program.
- What are you hoping to achieve (brainstorm)?
- Examples may include building your subscription list, volunteer engagement, driving people to your site, branding, social media development, or fundraising through online donations.
- Articulate and prioritize your list of goals (donations, volunteers, subscribers?) in preparation for your first campaign. How many? How much? When?
- Who are you hoping to reach in order to meet your AdWords goals?
- Are they wealthy, needy, young, professional, retired?
- What specifically are new supporters looking for?
- Where are they? What groups might they be affiliated with that you can target?
- Create a description of the type of person they are: We need a persona—or an avatar to visualize here!
- What are your causes’ challenges?
- What are your nonprofit’s solutions?
- Who benefits—or what causes benefit?
- Are your solutions enduring?
- What is your unique selling proposition (USP)?
- What specifically are your potential supporters looking for?
- Why are they looking?
- Where and how do they look for finding a nonprofit to support?
- Specifically, how do they ask for what they’re looking for?
- How do they articulate it? What words, what phrases?
- This VOC will be your most effective ad text and keywords.
- How can your nonprofit’s ‘sound bites’ be edited to address what they are asking for?
- Learn how to organize files of campaigns.
- Learn how many words/characters are allowed in each section of an ad.
- Create your first campaign name.
- Create your first ad group name.
- Write your first example ad using targeted keywords from last week’s assignment.
- Identified targeted keywords: What keywords did you find that potential new supporters might use in a blog comment? That were on your own web site? That your competitors used?
- What keywords did your potential customers use in their Internet searches (VOC)?
- Your new potential supporters’ search terms?
- Your ad group’s background keywords)?
- The words that you used in the ad itself?
- Your webpage landing pages linked to from your AdWords ads?
- Does your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) match what your customers ask for (VOC).
- After carefully checking the validity of your keywords, refine your first ad.
- Make sure to place similar keywords in your landing page.
- Write and post a second ad to see which of the two performs best.
- Copy and paste your new campaign information into your AdWords account.
- Learn to navigate your campaign’s statistics.
- Track your performance over the first week and see what is and is not working.
We understand what you need: The Center for Sustainable Development uses Google AdWords for nonprofits too!
Nonprofit AdWords Training Fees
This 8-week course is $150.00. There are no other costs nor books to buy: all course materials, editable templates, and guides are downloaded from the course site.
Learn more about Certificates and Diplomas.